Having great marketing strategies is of utmost importance for any real estate company, since it is the way of presenting itself into the public and how it manages to capture their attention. It is no wonder that when trying different marketing strategies mistakes are made.
We learn from our mistakes, that’s for sure, but when we talk about real estate marketing, making certain mistakes can result in the loss of both potential clients and new opportunities.
Therefore, we’ve gathered the 5 most common mistakes in real estate marketing and how to avoid falling into them.
1. Not knowing what your differentiator is
The competitive differentiator is composed by the values and attributes that make a service unique and different from others is the way in which a company stands out from the competition and captures the public’s attention, so not having one or not knowing how to identify it can turn out to be a great mistake.
The goal is to stand out from the rest. But it is not about imitating what others are doing and trying to do better, instead it’s about seeking to excel by providing something innovative and disruptive that the rest does not offer.
To find this differentiator it is necessary to carry out a detailed analysis of the company, reflecting on issues such as the following:
- Why do clients come to my company and not to others?
- Could the thing that makes me different be easily imitated and perfected by others
Once the differentiator has been identified, it must be reflected and made known so that potential customers can perceive the added value. Thus, the company is consolidated as the best option amongst others.
2. Not knowing your clients
A very common mistake is to want to direct the marketing approach to an audience without first establishing a relationship of trust and preference. To do this right, you need to get to know your real clients in depth.
Each person has different needs, so aspects such as the following should be considered:
- What is the right kind of treatment each person should obtain?
- What aspects do they consider more important when buying a property?
Due to these differences, it’s not a good idea to dedicate efforts in creating a general message that includes everyone, because not only will time be lost, but it will not be possible to captivate an audience.
It is best to invest time and resources in analyzing where the target market is and what are the best ways to reach it.
3. Annoying users
It is clear that in order to attract potential customers it is necessary to frequently share and send content to users through a website or social media, but it’s important to be careful with the quantity of shared information, given that a greater number of publications doesn’t necessarily mean greater user attraction.
On the contrary, bombarding users with a large number of social media posts can actually have a very negative effect.
Saturated with information, the user will probably choose to hide the posts, stop following the account or in the worst case will comment with its contacts how annoying it was, which in turn will generate a negative perception of the company.
In this case, less is more, so the best option is to share content that is useful in a strategic way, thus not becoming spam.
4. Creating low quality content
As discussed in the previous point, success in real estate marketing is not about creating a lot of content, but creating one with high quality and relevant information.
Creating content that doesn’t do a good job highlighting the potential and amenities of a property will make the user lose interest and move away very easily.
Of course this content also relies on the images, since having excellent quality photos is a big part of what manages to get customers hooked. However, the information that is used to describe a property is what will maintain their attention.
It is necessary to take the time and analyze what would the client like to see.
The following need to be found among the information:
- Location and main attractions
- Reliable description of the place
- Amenities and benefits
The combination of great images and a proper description makes up for content of the highest quality.
5. Having a limited website
The website is basically the cover of the company. Currently, the place where most people search for real estate is through the internet. Having an attractive and functional website is of great importance.
Websites that work very slowly or are not easy to navigate will annoy the user and force them to leave it without even having reviewed its content.
For a website to be considered functional it must have certain elements:
- Fist of all, it must be easy to navigate, by using the minimum amount of intuitive links, so that the user can find and access the information without problems.
- Similarly, as mentioned above, loading time is essential and it must ensure access to content in the shortest possible time, otherwise the user will not hesitate to leave and explore other options.
- In addition, it is important to be able to easily find the contact information, since the point is not only to generate traffic, but also about getting the client initiating contact.
- Finally, it is very important not to lose sight of the SEO, since if the website is not optimized, it will not show up in the first section of search engines such as Google, a and it will not get visits.
So there you have it, avoiding making these real estate marketing mistakes will make you achieve better results in terms of attracting the public.